My first Blog award!! Woohoo! The honor came from Ya Gotta Have a Hobby. Thanks SO much!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
- Post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers, link them to your post and let them know.
- Post 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Things About me:
- I stopped using my dishwasher 2 months ago. Gasp! I know, huh? Hand-washing is faster and doesn’t leave residue on my glasses.
- I’m short. And heels are my best friend.
- I like Little House on the Prairie, Jane Austen, Downton Abbey and all those Victorian Era movies where the women wear long, beautiful dresses. I think it’s lovely.
- I’m not a bra-burner. I love that I was made female. Men can do things I can’t. I’m ok with that. Like opening a tight lid on that jar of spaghetti sauce. Or hunting for five days without taking a shower. Yeah, glad I’m female.
- I’m the National Spokesperson for Frizzy Hair. Not really. But I should be!
- I like it when women dress modestly (where cleavage doesn’t show and the skirts aren’t high).
- My new “Gotta have it” is Polish Pottery.
- I just realized I’m not a dog person. It’s sad. I know. I grew up with them and can love them from a distance. Like, I can be their Aunt or even Grandma but I just can’t handle the drool, poop, and shedding anymore. Sorry.
- How many more random things to go?
- Thor rocks.
- When I was in first grade, I stole Goldfish crackers from the kid sitting next to me. There. I said it. It’s been bothering me for years!
11 questions from the person who nominated me:
1. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy property big enough so my Mom could have a house next to me. Love her!
2. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
3. What was your most cherished childhood possession?
My Cabbage Patch Doll. Her name was Katlyn.
4. What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Any kind that’s organic, gluten-free and has CHOCOLATE. But heck, I can have an Oreo and be happy.
5. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Sunsets. They’re so much prettier. Filled with oranges and sometimes plums and blues. Sigh.
6. Which is your favorite holiday and why?
We just started celebrating Hanukkah. I love it because I can give my kids small gifts every day for 8 days. It challenges me to be creative and thoughtful.
7. What is the last thing you went shopping for?
Hmmmm… besides food? Well, that would be Polish Pottery dishes (had to do it online). Gonna post about them soon!
8. What is your favorite book?
As a child, I loved Charlotte’s Web. I also loved anything Ezra Jack Keats wrote. And I remember reading, “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein, over and over. As an adult, the book I’ve read the most is the Bible. I can’t really say I have a favorite book though. I like autobiographies and biographies. Too many good ones to pin down just one.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I wish I could ZAP (or slap) niceness into people. People are just rude nowadays. My SuperHero name and slogan would be … NICE-T-fuh: “She’ll ZAP the CRAP out of you!”. Hehehe
10. If you could have dinner with any fictional character, who would it be?
11. Name three things you MUST do in your lifetime.
Love my kids and build within them true confidence. Do what God tells me to do. Live every day to the fullest.
Here are the 10 lovely bloggers I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award:
- Personally – It’s Me
- Weed Image of the Day
- Life Lyrics and Pics
- Concrete Oyster
- Rosy Rag Patch’s Blog
- Destination Thrift
- Half Craft Studio
- If These Threads Could Talk
- House of DIY
- Life of a Fashion Junkie
As you can see I had a problem finding 11. 1 short! Whoops!
11 questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite vacation spot, or place you’d love to travel to?
- What’s the latest movie you watched?
- Treadmill? or Outdoors? Sit-ups or No-ups?
- In the last three months, what’s the one purchase you’re happy about?
- Was it hard to come up with your blogger name and is there a story behind it?
- If you could pick one hobby to do, above all others, what would it be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What is your favorite quality in people?
- What attracts you to follow other blogs?
- Sweet or Salty?
- What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever made?
Well, to all I nominated, hopefully this not-so little Award will not send you into a panic (like it did me). Have fun with it and I look forward to reading your answers, should you choose to accept.